Thursday, November 24, 2011

One of my tiny turtles wins big at miniature show

Athos the turtle - second place for sculpture MPSGS 2011


Athos got second place for sculpture!
To be true to the headline I suppose best in show or something would be big, but I was having too much fun mixing up the big and small.

Well it's definitely something to be thankful for on this holiday feast.

That's the the pic they took of him for their exhibition page on their website (I suspect around Nov 2012 it will be all different, for the then current show, but for now it's the right link!)

I believe this is my third second-place win for sculpture with the MPSGS, which is very gratifying.

Here's how Wikipedia introduces them...

The Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Gravers Society of Washington, D.C. (MPSGS) is an invitation-only organization dedicated to the promotion and encouragement of the practice of producing fine art in miniature. This miniature art society is headquartered in Washington, DC but includes members from around the world. Founded in 1931 by Alyn Williams, the Society is the second-oldest organization of its kind in the world and the oldest active organization of miniaturists in the United States.

Anyhow, happy Thanksgiving to you. 
Unfortunately, and true to (wobbly) form, I know I'll eat too much!


.
Click these links to visit my website... SteveWorthingtonArt.com - Sculpture that loves you back
or my Etsy store, CritterVille



.

No comments: