Sunday, June 26, 2011

Godzilla Mouse attempts to terrorize New York City!!!

Godzilla size Sprightly Mouse checks out the Met while jaded New Yorkers refuse to bat an eye

I had this genius idea a couple of years ago, but I couldn't make it work.
I wanted to photoshop my mice into pics of famous (famouse?) landmarks the world over and drop them into Goggle Earth so when people clicked on the little photo icons every now and then they'd be surprised by a giant mouse striding Godzilla-like across the landscape.

I started with the Met in NYC, but I couldn't get the upload to work.
The photoshoppery was easy enough though, which just sparked another idea...

If you have a pic you think one of my bronzes would make an interesting addition to, shoot it my way via email and I'll see what I can do.
You could stick it on your fridge or something.

It could be a mouse Godzilla-like, or maybe you just want to see how something would look on your mantle, in your yard, or anything really.

I'd need to photograph the critter in question at the right angle, in the right light and (if you want it to appear actual size) to the right scale, so if you send one pic of the location, and a second pic of the same thing with a soda can parked where you want the critter I can work out those things from that (unless we're doing 'Godzilla style', in which case just the one pic of the location will do just fine).

It won't take a few minutes for me to snap something that will work.

Also, since I don't always have every sculpture immediately available (lots of stuff in galleries), you might check what I do  have, much of which is up on my Etsy store.
Other pieces might require me to pull something from the gallery in town for a day to take the snap.

So, if you want to see Nosey peering off the Arc de Triomphe, or Sprightly sniffing the Eiffel tower or doing his best impersonation of the Colossus of Rhodes email me a pic (just make sure you aren't infringing any copyrights-your own holiday snaps are ideal- since I may post them here later).

Go to 'view complete profile' in the sidebar (or just click HERE) to find my email.

In the example above I used a pic taken by a friend of ours who's website Duaflower you might enjoy.

.




Click these links to visit my website... SteveWorthingtonArt.com - Sculpture that loves you back
or my Etsy store, CritterVille
.

No comments: