Saturday, June 26, 2010

Claudia Hammer's mouse explosion, and shape shifting druids...

We went up to the forest of aspen trees up the ski hill on the evening of the solstice.
There were no swarms of naked fire dancers or anything, but an unusual amount of deer lining the road up and back.
Obviously they must have been shape shifting druids of some sort, prancing through the trees in deer form on that special night.

Mouse project wise, Claudia Hammer picked up the ball and ran with it...
And kept on running...
Clear over the horizon!

She agreed to participate in my 'mouse project', in which a bunch of tip top painters include one of my mice in a still life, to go into a book that will benefit animal shelters.
Claudia went on a mouse painting frenzy, adding little bits of narrative to her blog as she posted each one.
Now it is her plan to also assemble them into a book of her own since her grandkids love following the adventures so much! So some will end up in my book, and I imagine all will star in hers!
I'll keep you posted on her progress, as well as continuing progress on the mouse project.

You can't stop mice from having fun!
Get a load of Claudia's amazing paintings...
There's even more by the way, you can find them on her blog...





Click these links to visit my website... SteveWorthingtonArt.com - Sculpture that loves you back
or my Etsy store, CritterVille

7 comments:

Lynne E. Windsor said...

Hi Steve, so good to meet you and Meridee today. Just loved to see all Claudia's paintings, ...what fun. I am hoping that now I am following your blog you will do another competition soon... I must have one of your gorgeous mice!

Steve sculpts critters said...

You'll find out when I do my next one (don't know when that will be though!).
Nice meeting you guys, see you soon!

Becky Joy said...

I just found all these critters. Love them. What an adventure.

Lisa Daria said...

love these - good fun!

Steve sculpts critters said...

Thanks, I know, everyone seems to be having a blast with these!
I'm knocked out by the response!

Chris Beck said...

WOW!! What a fantastic collection of paintings -- these are wonderful -- so full of fun!!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Claudia's paintings are Brilliant.
I'm in on the next competition.. I NEED one of these mice.
Carol Marine is also doing a wonderful job with them and it's through her blog that I found you. She is also BRILLIANT!!!